Gauteng’s New Load Shedding Framework:
Eskom has rolled out a new set of load shedding schedules for the province of Gauteng, in a significant operational update effective from the start of this week.
- Schedule Shift: New load shedding blocks are now in effect across Gauteng.
- Where to Find Updates: Customers are directed to Eskom’s and municipalities’ websites for the latest information.
City Power Takes Charge:
- Operational Handover: The responsibility for load shedding has been transferred from Eskom to City Power in many areas.
- Ongoing Eskom Areas: Some regions will continue under Eskom due to technical constraints.
Comprehensive List of Affected Areas:
- Lufhereng (Roodepoort)
- Waterford Estate
- Kya Sands
- Bellairspark (Randburg)
- Halfway House
- Halfway Gardens
- Vorna Valley
- Willaway (Midrand)
- Marlboro Transit Camp (Alexandra)
Residents in these areas can find their specific load shedding schedules on City Power’s website.
- Technical Hiccups: City Power is addressing early technical issues that have led to some customers experiencing unscheduled load shedding.
- Collaborative Effort: Eskom is working closely with City Power to ensure a smooth transition for the remaining customers who are still on Eskom’s load shedding schedule.
City Power’s Commitment:
- Technical Resolution: With the new system in place, City Power is swiftly acting to iron out teething problems to ensure everyone adheres to the correct load shedding schedules.
As City Power and Eskom continue to refine this new operational approach, they thank the residents of Gauteng for their understanding and cooperation during these initial stages of implementation.