Given recent developments and the public’s need for clarity, here’s a succinct breakdown of Eskom’s load-shedding timetable for the upcoming week:
- Initiation: Eskom has scheduled Stage 2 load-shedding commencing at 16:00 on Sunday, 17 September 2023, and concluding at the same hour on Monday, 18 September.
- Subsequent Measures: The subsequent phase is more intensive, with Stage 4 load-shedding slated from 16:00 on Monday until 05:00 on Tuesday, 19 September. Following this, the schedule reverts to Stage 2, in effect from 05:00 to 16:00. Eskom has indicated this pattern will continue until further notice.
- Official Statements:
- Eskom, clarifying its decision, stated, “Due to further improvement in generation capacity, Stage 2 load-shedding (previously communicated as Stage 3) will be implemented from 16:00 today until 16:00 on Monday.”
- Additionally, the utility emphasized its commitment to transparency, noting, “Eskom will release another update should there be any significant deviations from this schedule.”
- Recent Interruptions: Prior to this, Eskom had suspended load-shedding from 22:00 on Saturday, 16 September, until 16:00 on Sunday, attributing the pause to notable enhancements in its generation capacity. A separate suspension was also observed from 11:00 to 16:00 on Saturday.
Eskom urges consumers to stay informed through official channels and to make necessary preparations based on the above schedule.