Escalating to Stages 5 & 6
Brace yourselves as load shedding gets a notch tighter this week.
Today’s Snapshot – 12th September 2023:
- Till 16:00: We’re looking at Stage 5 due to the combined effects of the loss of four generating units, the urgency to top-up emergency reserves, and some amped-up planned maintenance.
- Post 16:00 to 05:00 Wednesday: Hang on tight, as Stage 6 rolls out.
Pattern Until Friday:
- Morning to afternoon (05:00 – 16:00): Stage 5
- Late afternoon to early morning (16:00 – 05:00): Stage 6
Status of Units:
- Down for maintenance: 4987MW
- Breakdowns: Whopping 16784MW
- Good news: Camden, Duvha, and Kendal each had a unit revived in the past 24 hours.
- On the flip side: Units at Duvha, Grootvlei, Kendal, and Matla had to be taken offline for some TLC.
Waiting for more? Eskom says to keep an eye out. “Another update will follow if there are significant twists,” they promise.