Load-Shedding Update: Stages 2 and 1 Scheduled for the Weekend
Eskom has provided an update on load-shedding for the upcoming weekend. Here’s what you need to know:
- Stage 2 Load-Shedding: Continues until 5am on Saturday, then drops to Stage 1
- Stage 1 Load-Shedding: Begins 4pm on Sunday, lasting until 4pm on Monday
Weekend Schedule at a Glance:
- Stage 2 until 5am Saturday
- Stage 1 from 4pm Sunday to 4pm Monday
Current Power Utility Status:
- Breakdowns: 14,489MW of generating capacity
- Planned Maintenance: 6,190MW of capacity
- Three generation units returned to service at Hendrina, Majuba, and Tutuka power stations within the last 24 hours
- Units at Arnot, Camden, Kriel, and Tutuka power stations taken offline for repairs
- Delays persist in returning units to service at Duvha and Medupi power stations
Eskom has expressed gratitude to all South Africans for their continued efforts in using electricity sparingly, which helps alleviate pressure on the power system. They urge everyone to keep conserving energy whenever possible.
Stay Informed: Eskom has committed to providing updates and further information as any significant changes occur. Keep an eye out for their announcements to stay informed about the load-shedding situation.