A Brief Reprieve: Good news for now – Eskom’s load shedding suspension just got extended. Power enthusiasts can now enjoy a 24-hour extension, but the company urges caution.
- Suspension Extended: Load shedding’s on hold until 4 pm on Thursday, but Eskom’s clear about their fleet’s status – it’s “fairly constrained”.
“While the generation fleet is currently fairly constrained, emergency reserves are adequate and as a result, load shedding will remain suspended until 16:00 on Thursday.”
- Your Role: Eskom’s message is clear. If South Africans yearn for more suspension periods, then keeping power demand low is crucial. The magic hours? 5 pm to 9 pm.
“Eskom appeals to the public…switching off geysers and pool pumps to ease pressure on the power system.”
- What’s Next?: Load shedding’s set to return at 4 pm Thursday, lasting till 5 am on Friday. Beyond that? It’s a suspense-filled wait until 4 pm.
Wednesday, 25th October:
- All Clear: 12 am to 12 am
Thursday, 26th October:
- Break: 12 am to 4 pm
- Stage 1: 4 pm to 12 am
Friday, 27th October:
- Stage 1: 12 am to 5 am
- Next Steps: To be announced
It’s not all gloomy. Eskom’s trying to find the balance, but they’re urging all to play their part. And remember, they’ll loop us in if any major shifts come about.