Eskom’s Load Management Update: February 5, 2024
Eskom announces a stringent load shedding schedule to tackle dwindling emergency reserves, with Stage 3 load shedding earmarked for the evening hours across the nation.
Current Power Challenges:
- Unplanned Outages: As of Sunday, the utility faces 14,341MW offline due to unexpected failures, coupled with 7,931MW sidelined for routine maintenance.
Weekday Load Shedding Plan:
- Evening Hours: Stage 3 load shedding will run from 4pm to 5am, starting Monday.
- Daytime Relief: Transitioning to Stage 2 load shedding from 5am to 4pm, this cycle will continue daily until further notice.
- Eskom’s Assurance: The utility pledges ongoing communication for any notable updates.
Efforts to Restore Capacity:
- Restoration Work: Eskom’s teams are intensively working to bring back 1,450MW of generating capacity by Tuesday.
- Public Cooperation: Eskom appreciates efforts from the public to minimize electricity use, especially urging the turning off of geysers and pool pumps between 5pm and 9pm to ease system pressure.
Eskom’s proactive measures aim to manage the high demand and maintain system stability, thanking the community for their role in mitigating the impacts of load shedding.
Accessing Load Shedding Schedules
We are pleased to inform you that accessing load shedding schedules tailored to your specific area is now simplified, thanks to Loadshedding.com.
How to Access the Schedule:
- Visit Load shedding Schedule.
- Enter your suburb name to view the schedule for upcoming days.
If you’re uncertain about your suburb’s name, kindly refer to Eskom’s Loadshedding Site for assistance.
Device Compatibility: The Loadshedding.com platform is optimized for a range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Pro-tip: Bookmark your suburb on the site for quicker access in the future.