In an unexpected turn of events, Eskom announced an escalation to stage 4 load-shedding early Friday morning, February 9, 2024, due to essential repairs on two generating units.
- Immediate Escalation: At 01:14 AM, Eskom declared stage 4 load-shedding would commence at 02:00 AM, with no clear end in sight.
- Repair Efforts: “Our teams are working tirelessly to return the generation units back online,” Eskom assured.
- From Stage 3 to 4: This significant increase followed shortly after the utility shifted from stage 2 to continuous stage 3 load-shedding on Thursday night, with total generation outages reaching 22,729MW.
In Light of Recent Promises:
- Presidential Optimism: The announcement came just after President Cyril Ramaphosa’s State of the Nation Address, where he expressed optimism about overcoming the power crisis, citing progress in private electricity generation and new tax incentives.
Despite the President’s reassurances, Eskom’s latest move to stage 4 load-shedding underscores the ongoing challenges in stabilizing South Africa’s power supply and achieving the promised end to rotational power cuts.
Accessing Load Shedding Schedules
We are pleased to inform you that accessing load shedding schedules tailored to your specific area is now simplified, thanks to Loadshedding.com.
How to Access the Schedule:
- Visit Load shedding Schedule.
- Enter your suburb name to view the schedule for upcoming days.
If you’re uncertain about your suburb’s name, kindly refer to Eskom’s Loadshedding Site for assistance.
Device Compatibility: The Loadshedding.com platform is optimized for a range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Pro-tip: Bookmark your suburb on the site for quicker access in the future.