Unwelcome Energy Forecast
Eskom has declared that Stage 2 load-shedding will remain in effect indefinitely, casting a shadow over recent operational improvements.
- Continued Stage 2: Despite the restoration of five units, load-shedding persists.
- Reasoning: The utility cites the critical need to rebuild emergency reserves and a slight dip in generation capacity as primary factors.
- Monitoring: Eskom pledges close system oversight, promising an update by Wednesday afternoon or sooner if needed.
- Capacity Challenges: Currently, 14,759MW is offline due to unplanned outages, with another 7,639MW sidelined for maintenance.
- Efforts Underway: Eskom’s team aims to return 2,320MW to the grid by Wednesday.
Despite the reactivation of several generating units, Eskom’s struggle with balancing the grid continues, emphasizing the delicate act of managing South Africa’s energy demands against operational setbacks.
Accessing Load Shedding Schedules
We are pleased to inform you that accessing load shedding schedules tailored to your specific area is now simplified, thanks to Loadshedding.com.
How to Access the Schedule:
- Visit Load shedding Schedule.
- Enter your suburb name to view the schedule for upcoming days.
If you’re uncertain about your suburb’s name, kindly refer to Eskom’s Loadshedding Site for assistance.
Device Compatibility: The Loadshedding.com platform is optimized for a range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Pro-tip: Bookmark your suburb on the site for quicker access in the future.