Johannesburg, November 30, 2023 – Eskom, South Africa’s main electricity provider, has announced a significant change in its load shedding strategy, moving away from the rigorous Stage 6 to a more varied schedule that oscillates between Stage 3 and Stage 5.
Updated Load Shedding Timetable:
- Thursday, November 30: Stage 3 from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Transition to Stage 4: From 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Elevating to Stage 5: Commencing at 8 pm and continuing until 5 am on Friday.
Eskom plans to release a more detailed, forward-looking schedule later in the day to provide further clarity to consumers.
Context Behind the Easing:
- Eskom’s decision follows a challenging week marked by Stage 6 outages due to depleted emergency reserves.
- Recent analyses reveal Eskom’s struggle with diesel shortages while trying to enhance pumped storage levels.
- The utility continues to battle surges in user demand alongside consistent high unplanned outages.
This latest development in Eskom’s load shedding strategy indicates a slight improvement in its generation capacity and the restoration of emergency reserves, offering a temporary respite from the highest stages of power cuts. Eskom urges consumers to remain informed as the situation continues to evolve.
Accessing Load Shedding Schedules
We are pleased to inform you that accessing load shedding schedules tailored to your specific area is now simplified, thanks to Loadshedding.com.
How to Access the Schedule:
- Visit Load shedding Schedule.
- Enter your suburb name to view the schedule for upcoming days.
If you’re uncertain about your suburb’s name, kindly refer to Eskom’s Loadshedding Site for assistance.
Device Compatibility: The Loadshedding.com platform is optimized for a range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
Pro-tip: Bookmark your suburb on the site for quicker access in the future